Download the FFDShow Video Codec here. The FFDShow codec is a DirectShow filter used mainly for the decompression of DivX, XviD, H.264, FLV1, WMV, MPEG-1 and other files such as the MPEG-2, MPEG-4 movie files. The FFDShow also uses the libavcodec which is a codec from the ffmpeg project for video decompression.
FFDShow Video Codec
The post processing code for the FFDShow codec is from the MPlayer project which is to enhance the visual quality of any low-bitrate films on the internet, and it is also based on the original DirectShow filter which is from the XviD project. The is an educational implementation of the popular MPEG4 encoder. The FFDShow codec is also in the K-Lite Codec Pack as it is a very popular codec and widely used on the internet for movies and webcam recordings on the net. This is a ffdshow codec pack as you can see.
The ffdshow is a DirectShow filter for video and audio compression and decompression. Now it can be used to decode many video and audio formats. These including H.264, MPEG-4, and VC-1, as well as audio formats such as MP3, AAC, and Vorbis. It also includes a number of video post-processing features. These are deinterlacing and noise reduction. The ffdshow is open-source software and is available for Windows. See also the LAV Filters as well as the Haali Media Splitter.
To install the ffdshow DirectShow filter (ffdshow mpeg-4 video decoder), you can follow these steps:
- First download the latest version of ffdshow
- Secondly, run the downloaded installation file and follow the prompts to install the software.
- Now, during the installation process, you will be prompted to select the components you want to install. You can select the video and audio codecs you want to use.
- Once the installation is complete, you may need to configure the filter by going to the ffdshow video decoder configuration and the ffdshow audio decoder configuration.
- Restart the media player you’re using, and the ffdshow filter should be working properly.
Note: You might need to check if the ffdshow filter is not conflicting with other codecs that you may have installed. This explains the ffdshow codec pack installation.
FFDShow (Last Update: