Google Chrome be a media player? Yes but for this you will need a Chrome plugin such as the VLC Media player plugin. You can see how this works and how best to install the plugin and vlc chrome or vlc plugin chrome. You can find the link below.
Google Chrome be a media player?
VLC Media Player is a popular, open-source media player that can play a wide range of video and audio formats. It is available for Windows, Mac, Linux, and mobile devices.
VLC can also be used as a browser plugin on Google Chrome to play media files directly in the browser. To use VLC as a browser plugin on Chrome, you will need to download the VLC Web Browser Plugin from the official VLC website and then install it on your Chrome browser.
Once the plugin is installed, you should be able to play media files directly in the browser, without having to download them first. Some websites also use VLC plugin to stream videos, so you don’t need to install any other plugins.
Please note that Chrome has removed support for NPAPI. The old (Netscape Plugin Application Programming Interface) since version 45. So if you are using a version of Chrome later than 45, you will not be able to use the VLC web browser plugin. You can also see the VLC can be used for streaming movies, how does that work? as well as the How to convert MSWMM to work in VLC? and the Why do my videos stutter and vibrate on VLC media player? questions.
Using the VLC player Chrome and its features
Once you have installed the VLC web browser plugin on Chrome, you will be able to play media files directly in the browser. Here are some of the features that you can use with the VLC player in Chrome:
- Playback controls: You can use the standard playback controls such as play, pause, stop, rewind, and fast-forward to control the playback of media files.
- Volume control: You can adjust the volume of the media file using the volume control in the VLC player.
- Full-screen mode: You can switch to full-screen mode by clicking the full-screen button in the VLC player.
- Playlists: You can create playlists and add multiple media files to them, allowing you to play them back-to-back.
- Subtitle support: VLC player can load subtitles and display them over the video.
- Network streaming: VLC player can play streaming media from the internet, such as web-based radio stations and online video services.
- Video effects and filters: You can adjust the video settings of the media file, such as brightness, contrast, and saturation, and apply video effects and filters.
- Audio equalizer: You can adjust the audio settings of the media file, such as bass, treble, and balance, and apply audio effects.
- Hotkeys: You can customize the hotkeys to control the VLC player with keyboard shortcuts.
- Advanced options: You can access advanced options in the VLC player, such as video and audio codecs, subtitles, and network settings.
Please note that some features may not be available in the browser plugin version of VLC and might require the desktop version of the player.