Is there a Sony plug-in or codec for .mkv files? If there isn’t a plug-in of codec for this what should I convert the video to so i don’t loose any quality? See how this can be solved if you have issues with a codec or other player for your video.
Sony plug-in or codec for .mkv files?
Sony does not have a specific plugin or codec for .mkv files. The .mkv is a container format which can contain various video and audio codecs, subtitles, and other metadata. Note also that the Sony Bravia TV supports some codecs out-of-the-box and some not. The best way to check is looking into the TV’s manual or the TV’s specification in the website. See also other codec problems.
Alternatively, you can try converting the .mkv files to a format that is supported by Sony Bravia TV. This such as MP4, using a video conversion software. This will ensure that the video can be played on the TV without any compatibility issues.
You can also use a media server software such as Plex or Kodi. These software can transcode the files on-the-fly to a format that is compatible with your TV. See also the article on DScaler5 as well as the Haali Media Splitter which is also on here.
How to convert a .mkv file?
There are several ways to convert .mkv files to a different format, such as MP4. One of the easiest ways is to use a video conversion software. Some popular video conversion software options include:
- Handbrake: is a free and open-source video converter that supports a wide variety of input and output formats. It is available for Windows, Mac, and Linux.
- Any Video Converter: is a free and easy-to-use video conversion software that supports a wide range of input and output formats. It is available for Windows and Mac.
- VLC media player: This is a free and open-source media player that can also be used as a video converter. It is available for Windows, Mac, and Linux.
- FFmpeg: is a command-line based video converter that supports a wide range of input and output formats. It is available for Windows, Mac, and Linux.
To convert .mkv file using these software, you need to load the .mkv file, select the output format (e.g. MP4) and then start the conversion process.
The exact steps to convert the .mkv file may vary depending on the software you are using, so it’s best to consult the software’s documentation or look for online tutorials for guidance.
You can convert MKV files to many other format files with MKV converter. Using MKV converter, you can get the original quality and don’t lose any quality.
You may try this AVS Video Editor which has many great functions. The features in the official site are below:
1. Direct Transfer to iPod, PSP, Mobiles and Other Portable Players
2. Supports Virtually ALL Video Formats
3. Burn Movie DVDs
4. Capture and Edit Video from External Devices
5. Edit Video and Enhance Your Movies
6. Create Slide Shows
7. Make Perfect Audio for Your Video Editing Tasks
8. Scene Detection
9. Convenient Video Editing Tools and Interface
Comments are closed.