K-lite codecs not working! So see the solution and most common issues. Ok guys this is irritating me, I have downloaded like 3 programs now, you tin look at my previous questions for all the rest of the info.right now i got K-lite codecs. See how to fix the codec issues below. Most times this is due to conflicts and K-Lite will not work correctly.
K-lite codecs not working
K-Lite Codec Pack as we know is a collection of codecs and DirectShow filters. These can be used to play various audio and video formats on your computer. They do however come with their own problems. If you are having issues with K-Lite codecs not working, here are a few possible solutions:
- Conflicting codecs: If you have other codec packs installed on your computer, they may be conflicting with K-Lite. Try uninstalling other codec packs and restarting your computer before trying to use K-Lite again. Better yet you should identify the problem first. See which video is giving you a problem. Then see which codec the video file was encoded with. The codec sniper is an option to see this. Also check if the video file has been corrupted. For corruption see the article on videos stutter on VLC media player. See if you can play by ignoring the errors. See also the madflac and the Gom player codec and download GOM player as well.
- Corrupted installation: If the installation of K-Lite is corrupted, it may not function properly. Also as stated above. First try and find the issue before you use a codec pack. Try uninstalling K-Lite and reinstalling it to see if that resolves the issue.
- Incompatible version: Always make sure you are using the latest version of K-Lite Codec Pack. There may be a conflict with the codecs if the pack is an older version. This is not uncommon. See also the article on why my K-lite pack does not work anymore which covers this issue.
- Incomplete installation: Sometimes during the installation, the process could be interrupted or not completed. This can create issues. You will need to uninstall and then reboot and reinstall the codec pack. Again codec packs are not a good idea to start with.
- Firewall or Anti-virus: Some Firewall or Anti-virus software could block the codec pack. Again much like before you will need to see if the codec pack was damaged or corrupted during the downloading process.
Most Common Issue
- Missing DirectShow filters: Some codecs require additional DirectShow filters to work properly. Make sure that you have the latest version of DirectShow filters installed. These are important and you can see in this article on the issues with the DirectShow filters at LAV Filters. Again also look at the VLC player no video but sound as well as the DirectShow decoder not working which covers the issue in-depth.
If none of these solutions work, it may be necessary to seek further assistance from the developer of the K-Lite Codec Pack.