The Haali Media Splitter is is part of the K-Lite Codec Pack on this website and is a DirectShow splitter for .mkv (Matroska), .mp4, .ogg/.ogm, .avi and MPEG TS video files. The Haali Media Splitter has the full support for most Matroska files.
Haali Media Splitter
You will note that the splitter is a DirectShow filter. This which can be used to play back a variety of multimedia file formats. these formats include such media files as AVI, MKV, and MP4. Some of the pros of using the splitter include its ability to play back a wide range of file formats. Also Its ability to handle subtitles and multiple audio tracks. There is also its support for hardware acceleration on compatible devices. Some of the cons which we can think of is using the splitter include that it is no longer actively developed, and it may not be compatible with all media players or operating systems. Additionally, some users have reported stability issues with the software.
The last update given was in 2013. The splitter does not get updated any longer but it still works well.
- Added support for more truetype font mime types (application/x-font-ttf, application/vnd.ms-opentype)
- also Added support for A_TRUEHD, A_MLP, A_ALAC media types
- Added support for ‘twos’ uncompressed audio in mp4
- also Added support for sampling rates > 48 KHz in mp4
- Added support for E-AC-3 in mp4
- also GDSMux can use a full Matroska splitter input filter now
- Fixed items: Fixed reading audio tracks from mov files where esds is inside wave box