Download the DirectVobSub codec is a DirectShow filter which normally is used to display subtitles. The softwarenow also integrates automatically with any DirectShow player such as Windows Media Player, Media Player Classic, The Core Media Player, MPC and others.
The software is part of a codec package which can now be downloaded here called the K-Lite Codec Pack which is a combination of all the main codecs for your computer.
Formerly known as the VSFilter is a DirectShow filter much like the Haali Media Splitter. This is for adding subtitles to video files as well. It is commonly used in combination with media players such as Media Player Classic and ZoomPlayer to display subtitles for movies and TV shows. Also as you may know the DirectVobSub supports a wide range of subtitle formats, including SUB, SRT, and SSA. It can also automatically detect and load subtitles that are in the same folder as the video file. Additionally, DirectVobSub allows for customization of the subtitle font, color, and position. It’s also free to use. You can also look at the madFLAC as well as the FFDShow Video Codec. If subtitles are an issue then also see the article on VLC media player display subtitles as well.
How to install DirectVobSub
To install the software, you can follow these steps:
- Download the software installer below;
- Then run the installer and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation as well;
- Then once the installation is complete. You can need to configure your media player;
- You can then use the DirectVobSub for subtitles;
- Finally you will need to restart your media player and open a video with subtitles to verify that it is working.
Note however that the above steps may vary depending on the version of DirectVobSub you are installing and the operating system you are using.
DirectVobSub (VSFilter) : Version 2.41.322