Download the MediaInfo Lite here. This is a free and open-source software tool that is used to analyze and display information about media files. It can be used to view detailed information about a wide range of media formats, including video files (such as AVI, MP4, and MKV), audio files (such as MP3 and WAV), and image files (such as JPEG and PNG).
Firstly, when you open a media file with MediaInfo Lite. The software will analyze the file and will then display a wide range of information about the file. This includes the format of the file as well as the the codecs used. The resolution and bitrate of the video as well as the number of audio channels. This is just an example of what is possible. You can also see the articles on DirectVobSub as well as the codec tweak tool.
The software also allows you to export this information which you can then view as a text file. Note that there is also a command-line interface in addition to the GUI. The software is a really great tool for those who are working with media files and want to know more about the technical details of those files. It’s lightweight, easy to use and compatible with most Windows, Linux and MacOS. For similar software to this, look at GSpot as well as the ffmpeg software on here.
How to use MediaInfo Lite
Using the software is very simple and straightforward. These are the basic steps to use it:
- Firstly you can download and install MediaInfo Lite below;
- Now once the installation has completed. Then open the software by double-clicking the software file; icon on your desktop or by finding it in your Start menu or Applications folder.
- Now to analyze a media file, simply click on the “Open” button in the main window to open the file you want to analyze.
- The software will analyze the file and display all the information in the main window. Note that the information is shown in different sections such as “General”, “Video”, “Audio”, and “Text” for subtitles.
- Also you can navigate through the sections by clicking on the tab. You can also use the search function to find specific information.
- You can also export the information by clicking on “File” and then “Export” or by using the keyboard shortcut “Ctrl+E” . You can choose to export the information in various formats like HTML, CSV, or XML.
- To close the program, use the “File” menu and select “Exit” or simply click the “X” button in the top-right corner of the window.
That’s about it! MediaInfo Lite is a powerful tool that can provide you with a wealth of information about your media files. It’s a great tool to help you understand the technical details of your media files, troubleshoot issues and even to improve your workflow.