Icaros is a powerful tool that enhances Windows Explorer by providing thumbnails for a wide range of video formats supported by FFmpeg. This includes popular file types like Mkv, Flv, Avi, Mp4, Mov, Rmvb, M2ts, Ogm, and more. Additionally, Icaros features custom parsers that generate Cover Art thumbnails for files like Mkv, Flac, Ape, and Mpc.
Beyond generating thumbnails, Icaros extends its functionality to provide Windows Explorer properties for various file types such as Mkv, Flv, Ogm, Ogv, Ogg, Flac, Ape, and Mpc. However, it’s worth noting that Icaros requires .NET framework to run.
In the latest version, some notable features and improvements include:
- Addition of MKV tag parser, allowing MKV tags to be viewed in File Explorer.
- Support for ID3v2 tags in WAV files.
- Enhanced properties support for file types such as PSD, TGA, and DDS.
- Improved audio properties for several file formats, including BPM, Rating, Initial Key, Bitrate, and more.
- Support for AVIF files in CBX files.
- Addition of M4V as a valid property file type.
However, users have reported a minor issue in the latest version – a strange white line appearing at the bottom of thumbnails. It’s important to ensure that HEVC/h265 files are properly added. If you encounter problems, a suggested solution is to try dragging and dropping the file onto the Thumbnailing page in IcarosConfig.
Please note that specific instructions and functionalities might vary based on the version you’re using. For the most accurate and detailed information, refer to the official documentation provided by the Icaros developer or visit their official website. Likewise see also the Codec Sniper as well as the alternatives to VLC Media Player and Auto-Movie-Thumbnailer.
Released: 3.3.1 (August 28, 2023)