The MPV Player is a free and open-source media player. This is the same as other players such as the QuickTime Alternative as well as the MPC-BE and PotPlayer. The MPC-HC and Real Alternative is also another example. It can play many files including but not limited to MP4, AVI, MKV, FLAC, and AAC. It is known for its simple user interface, high-quality video playback, and support for hardware acceleration and advanced audio playback, including support for surround sound.
The player is a free, open-source, and cross-platform media player that supports a wide range of audio and video formats. It has the following features:
- It offers high quality video playback
- There is also support for hardware acceleration and rendering
- There is advanced audio playback including passthrough for surround sound
- Also support for various subtitle formats including ASS and SRT
- Customizable interface and keybindings
To install media player, follow these steps:
- Download the file below and extract the content out of the zip file
- Install the software by clicking on the exe file
- Then start the media player and start playing your media files.
Note: The installation process may vary depending on your operating system, so be sure to follow the instructions specific to your system for best results.
(version : 0.35.1)