Download KMPlayer or KMP which can play the following formats. These are the AVI, DVD, VCD, MKV, Ogg, OGM, MPEG-1/2/4, WMV, 3GP, RealMedia, Quick Time and FLV player formats. The KMPlayer comes with all the codecs built into the software player. It can also play incomplete as well as damaged AVI files.
Yes we all know that the KMPlayer is known for its ability to play damaged or incomplete media files. This is very useful for those who wish to view a video before it has completed downloading. This or an incomplete video file during a torrent download. The player makes use of a number of codecs and filters that can repair or bypass errors in the media files. This allows the player to play the files even when damaged. Damaged files however do not play perfectly or with high quality. Note that KMPlayer was made originally with the code of MPC and FFDshow, Others also include the MPC-HC or MPC-BE or Zoom Player or JRiver are all options.
Now to install the KMPlayer on a Windows computer, follow these steps:
- Download the media player setup file below;
- Then Double-click the setup file to start the installation process;
- Then follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation;
- Finally, you can start KMPlayer from the Start menu or by double-clicking its shortcut on the desktop.
You will note that the installation makes you many offers. You can bypass this and just keep installing the player.
The KMPlayer is a great multimedia player that offers several key features, including:
- Wide format support: The player plays many formats such as AVI, MKV, MP4, FLV, and others;
- Codec support: The player has its own codecs and supports all the main features such as H.264, MPEG-4, and others. You can also look other codecs such as H.265 as well as others.
- Customizable interface: There is a customizable interface.
- Playback of damaged files: As stated before it is well-known for playing damaged files.
- Subtitle support: The player supports subtitles, which allows the user to easily add and display subtitles.
- Playback speed control: It allows the user to control the playback speed of a video.
- Equalizer: The player offers the users an equalizer for adjusting the audio output for better sound quality.
- Screenshot capture: Useful is the ability for screenshots to be made.
- Video and audio effects: The media player includes video and audio effects.
There are other players as well. These include the PotPlayer which is an offshoot. There is also the QuickTime Alternative as well as the MPC-BE. Note that player is not as fast as MPC when open a video.
This as well as the LameXP if you wish to encode your audio into another format.
(version : KMPlayer 184.108.40.206)