Why VLC Media Player changes settings? Try reinstalling VLC player first. My friend was installing VLC media Player on his laptop, which is a few years old. While installing, it froze and his screen looked really pixely and colorful, does anybody have any ideas what the problem could be? Try reinstalling VLC player.
VLC Media Player changes settings
To reinstall VLC player which will solve the black screen problem. You will need to first uninstall the current version of VLC. Then reboot your system before you reinstall the player. See also issues such as the Green dots when watching on VLC or Gom as well as the article on how to fix broken file with VLC Player. You can download GOM Player if you wish. Here are the steps to do this on a Windows computer and its very easy to follow:
- First click on the Windows Start menu and then proceed to select “Control Panel”.
- Then click on “Programs and Features” or “Uninstall a program” (depending on the version of Windows).
- Then locate the VLC player in the list of installed programs on the computer and click on it to select it.
- Finally click on the “Uninstall” button at the top of the list. Then wait as it proceeds.
- Again follow the prompts to completely uninstall VLC player from your computer.
Once VLC is uninstalled, you can then download the latest version of VLC from the official website and install it by following the prompts.
- Firstly, open Finder and go to the Applications folder.
- Then locate the VLC player in the Applications folder of the computer and drag it to the trash can.
- Then empty the trash can on the computer and search for any remaining files related to VLC and remove them.
- Finally, go to the VLC website and download the latest version of VLC.
- Again open the VLC media player installer package and follow the prompts to reinstall it.
Finally also see the article on streaming movies in VLC media player if you cannot stream in the VLC player as well as the AC3 Filter and the x264 video codec as well.
it could be that the source that he downloaded it from actually installed a virus on his computer.
try and see if it can be booted in safemode and run a virus scanner, also you can uninstall it in safemode.
It would depend if he down loaded the one for the Windows Operating System he has. Always get software from the manufacturer or software vendor web sites. I have never had any computer issues with VLC on all the different computers I have installed it on. Maybe he down loaded a file that got corrupt. Don’t have an answer for this question.
Comments are closed.